Saturday, November 27, 2010

Taye Diggs Remembers Making Poop Song On 'When I Was 17'

'Private Practice' star recalls creating impromptu joint about feces on episode premiering Saturday at 11 a.m.
By Mawuse Ziegbe


Taye Diggs
Photo: MTV News

Taye Diggs has built a reputation as a Hollywood heartthrob, lighting up the screen in everything from "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" to "Brown Sugar." But when the actor was 17, he was less of a hunk and more of a ham, constantly cutting up with his friends.

"When I was 17, we were all performers. Wherever we were, we would always try to put on some kind of a show," he remembers on the latest episode of "When I Was 17," which also features Naya Rivera from "Glee" and NBA superstar Carmelo Anthony, premiering Saturday at 11 a.m.

"They were always, always making up songs and singing them and joking around," Diggs' brother Gabriel recalls.

One time, Diggs and his pals turned someone else's crappy luck into a catchy tune.

"I remember one time there was a fire drill, and me and my boy Shane saw this dude step in some dog doo," he says. "We laugh ... and then, right then, somebody drops a beat."

Shane recreates the beat, flapping and pursing his lips, before continuing the story: "Then [Diggs] joined in, "corn feces!"

"And then it just breaks into a whole song," Diggs recalls of the ditty's inexplicable development.

Then Shane breaks down the joint's loopy lyrics for viewers: "I was walking down the street, rocking to the beat/ Clapping my hands and stomping my feet/ Look at the ground and what do I see?/ Corn feces staring right at me. Corn feces!"

For Diggs, who was 17 in 1988, the impromptu, poop-inspired ode is still hilarious years later.

"Corn feces!" the star proclaims, clapping his hands and cracking up.

"When I Was 17" — this week featuring Naya Rivera, Camelo Anthony and Taye Diggs — premieres Saturday at 11 a.m. on MTV

Related Videos Related Photos Related Artists

Taryn Manning Rachel Bilson Carrie Underwood Busy Philipps Ivanka Trump

No comments:

Post a Comment